Interested in hemp clothing or fabric?
Well you might want to check out Margaret River Hemp Company. I bought some hemp fabric from them last year and was rather impressed. They also sell hemp clothing for women and men and have a children’s line.
Here are a few facts from the Margaret River Hemp Company:
- Hemp can be grown in most climates and is tolerant of a wide range of conditions including a high degree of salinity in the soil.
- Hemp requires little or no use of fertilisers, insecticides, fungicides or herbicides to grow successfully.
- Hemp can be used to make paper without the use of chlorines currently used in the wood pulp industry.
- When compared with timber, hemp can produce up to 4½ times more paper per acre.
- When planted as a "break" crop hemp outgrows all weeds and chokes them out leaving the field clean for the next year.
- Hemp has a deep taproot, which penetrates the soil raising nutrients towards the surface and aerating the soil
You can find out more at www.hempco.net.au
What are your thoughts on hemp as an alternative to the use of conventional cotton?